For this post, I thought it would be best to break this content into a 3 parts series. WHY? Because there are 3 phases to an Online Home-Based Business, and depending on which phase you are in, there are different priorities. So for Part 1: The Set-Up we will first identify if you are in the correct phase and if you are, we will make sure you are Set-Up to bring in new customers.
As a common practice, in Part 1: The Set-Up Phase of an Online Home-Based Business a Solopreneur top priority is the Offer. This means that you have to put together an attractive lead magnet, entry-level product, or service that will get people to raise their hand and want to do business with you.
Before we go any further there is a caveat to this post, and it is that the advice I am providing works best for those Solopreneurs who are in a Value-Based Business. Not to say that it doesn't work for other styles of businesses. However, it is a proven, unstoppable, effective, strategy for those particular types of business. So next will define exactly what a Value-Based Business is and what your priorities should be in order to compete and be effective as a Solopreneur.
What is a Value-Based Business?
A Value-Based Business is a business that is based on a simple transactional exchange model. You have a service or product and you exchange it for money. In a Value-Based Business, you offer a unique combination of skills, talents, and experience that helps your client or customer get a result that they want.
This could be anything from weight loss to financial freedom or even just to feel good about themselves. The key here is that you are offering a service or product that provides value to your customer or client. They are willing to pay for this because they know that it will help them in some immediate way.
Perfect Value-Based Style Business
Business This Is Not For
- Online Course Creators
- Affiliate Programs
- Drop Shipping
- Ads Revenue or Ad Sense
Now that we have established what a Value-Based Business is, let's talk about what your priorities should be as a Home-Based Business Solopreneur who wants to build a successful Value-Based Business.
What are the main priorities of a Value-Based Business?
First Priority: Create Your Offer
If you have not already done so, your first focus should be on creating this "Value Exchange - Lead Generation" Tool. This is what we talked about earlier, and it is the most important part of your business. Your Offer is what gets people to raise their hand and say yes, I want to do business with you. Without a great Offer, you will have a hard time finding customers or clients who are willing to pay for your services.
What Your Offer Should Be?
- Introduction Style Offer
- Quick Delivery
- Simple and Easy To Do (Think Impulse Item like at the Grocery Store Check Out)
- Fast Transactional (Designed To Make Money Immediately)
- Extremely Valuable
- Priced to Marketplace (This is Not a High Ticket Item)
Second Priority: Create Your Sale Funnel - Landing Page
Once you have what your Offer is going to be, the next priority is to create a sales funnel - landing page. A sales funnel or landing page is a process that you take your customer or client through in order to make a sale. This could be anything from a simple email sequence to a multi-step process that includes an upsell or down sell. But I highly recommend to keep it simple.
The important thing to remember is that your sales funnel should be designed to make it easy for your customer or client to say yes to your offer. The easier you make it, the more likely they are to take you up on it.
Simple Sale Funnel - Landing Page Outline Points To Remember
- Make sure people know exactly what you are Offering
- Let them know who you are
- Simple Contact Form (Name, & Email)
- Payment Form (Credit Card Information)
- Payment Button (Buy Now, Sign Up Now, Get Started Now)
Remember the priority here is to get this Landing Page done fast. We are not looking for perfection we are looking for speed.
Third Priority: Promote Your New Offer
Now that you have your Offer and your Landing Page, it's time to start promoting your new offer. This is where a lot of people get stuck because they are not sure how to promote their business. But there are a few simple ways that you can start promoting your business right away.
Here are a few ideas:
- Reach out to your existing network of friends, family, and acquaintances and let them know about your new business.
- Publish on your own Social Media Profile or Business Page and start sharing your content with the world. Please don't spam people just share important talking point with your audience.
- What you are doing?
- Why you are doing it?
- Who you are doing it for?
- How it's going to benefit them?
- Join relevant online communities and start participating in the conversations.
- Attend local networking events and meetups.
- Ask for referrals
The important thing to remember is that you have to start somewhere. And the sooner you start promoting your business, the sooner you will start to see results.
Fourth Priority: Get Paid
The final priority for your Value-Based Business is to get paid. This is where a lot of people struggle because they are not sure how to price their services or products. But there are a few simple guidelines that you can follow in order to make sure that you are pricing your services or products correctly.
Here are a few guidelines to follow:
- Make sure that your prices are in line with the marketplace.
- Don't try to charge too much or too little. Just make sure that your prices are fair.
- Make sure that your prices reflect the value that you are providing.
- The important thing to remember is that you should never try to undercut the competition just to make a sale.
- You should always charge what you are worth and what the market will bear.
So there you have it, the four priorities to focus on in Part 1: The Set-Up Phase for your Home-Based Business. Now it's up to you to get out there and get started on building your business.
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends and family. And if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you. Make sure you read Where to Focus and Set Priorities For Home-Based Business Part 2 of the 3 Part Series.
- Put together an attractive lead magnet, entry-level product or service Offer
- Landing pages should be designed to make it easy for customers or clients to say yes
- Promote your new offer by reaching out to your existing network, publishing on social media, participating in online communities, attending local events and asking for referrals
- When pricing your products or services, make sure that they are in line with the marketplace, fair and reflect the value you are providing.