By now you should have more customers than you can realistically handle in a day's time. This is a good indication that it's time to start Scaling Your Business. The Top Priority in Part 1: The Set-Up was Creating An Offer and the Top Priority in Part 2: Expand Your Business was Delivering Your Offer and Marketing. Now here in Part 3: Scale Your Business we will focus on two things, Creating Multiple Offers and Outsourcing.
As a common rule, the Top Priority in Part 3: Scale Your Business is Creating Multiple Free Offers that lead to your original Paid Offer and establishing an Outsource System to help.
What this means is you should be creating more layers of content like Series Blog Posts, eBooks, Courses, Webinars, etc. to attract organic traffic and potential customers to your Home-Based Business. So let's take a look at how you can do this effectively.
WHY CREATE MULTIPLE FREE OFFERS
If you have been paying attention in Part 1 and Part 2 of this 3 part series, then you have noticed that multiple offers funnels don't come until you have reach the scaling phase of your business. This is a very common mistake made by Home-Based Business Solopreneurs and it often cost your business time, productivity, and worst of all.... sales.
Here are a few Pros and Cons of why you should wait until you reach the Scaling Your Business Phase to Create Multiple Free Offers.
By no means is this the only way for a Home-Based Business Solopreneur to be successful building your business online. However following this process allows your business to be:
- Easy To Follow
- With Less Mistakes
Creating More Free Funnels Offers and More Opportunities
Now that you have reach the scaling phase of your business, it's time to start creating multiple free funnels offers. These Free Offers allows new ways for new people to find you when they come across your content (Podcast, Videos, Blog Post, Social Media Post, even Referrals). The Top Priority here is to send traffic back to your Paid Offer. Another goal is to attract organic traffic and potential customers to your business by providing valuable content.
There are a few types of FREE Content Offers you can create:
- Series Blog Posts
- Small Private Event
And each type of content you create should be driving traffic to your Paid Offer. It also allows for Segmentation of your audience into specific needs and levels of knowledge.
One thing to keep in mind is that not all content you create needs to be a Home-Run. In other words, it doesn't have to go Viral for it to be considered successful.
Packing Your Expertise
The next way to Scale Your Business is by "Packaging Your Expertise". This involves breaking down your skills and knowledge into manageable chunks that you can teach to others.
Not only will this give you more content ideas to drive traffic to your business, but it also makes you the go-to expert in your field and allows you to build a more robust Personal Brand.
You already know where your audience is getting stuck. What they want to learn and information they wish to know, because you have been working with them for some time now.
You have been helping your audience by creating content that helps them solve their problems so often that you can now Package Your Expertise into a Course.
SIDE NOTE: This is also a good indicator that you Shouldn't be Scaling Your Business if you haven't reached this point in your business yet.
This is absolutely the right time to start a Paid Advertising Campaign for your business. I know that this statement is going to be a little different from so many gurus and experts out there. Especially to those who are selling a course on this topic. So allow me to explain my thoughts on when you should begin a Paid Advertising Campaign.
You have a few things working in your advantage:
- You have a system setup that you can measure and track. Meaning you know your Cost Per Acquisition (CPA).
- You have an audience that is engaged with your content and they want more.
- You understand what type of content works best with Paid Advertising
- You know you have Offers that convert
- You have Scalable Funnels Offers that work
Just remember you need to make sure you have a system in place and know your numbers before you start a Paid Advertising Campaign. The last thing you want is to throw money into a bottomless pit with no return on investment (ROI).
Establishing An Outsourcing System
When a business needs an extra hand, they outsource. The process of hiring external employees to do services for your company is called Outsourcing. Keep in mind that Outsourcing is a Top Priority of Part 3: Scaling Your Business,
There are two main reasons why you as a Home-Based Businesses Solopreneurs might choose this option:
- When it comes to time, you just can’t manage all aspects yourself and maintain a high level of customer service, marketing, social media engagement, point of sale, tech, and all the other aspects of a scaling business.
- Another good reason might be because you might not specialize in all the particular tasks that need to get done with expertise. Which makes sense since no one person has ever applied their skillset across every single field at once before.
I have made available to you the most important questions to consider when thinking about outsourcing for your business:
- What is the goal you’re trying to achieve by outsourcing this task?
- What are some potential risks associated with outsourcing this task?
- What are some potential benefits of outsourcing this task?
- How much is this going to cost me to outsource?
You can find more details on How To Build An Outsourcing System For Your One Person Business from this post.
There are a few key takeaways from this article that you can use to Scale Your Business.
- Creating Multiple Offers will help increase revenue
- Packaging Your Expertise is a great way to build your Personal Brand
- Paid Advertising can be beneficial when done correctly
- Outsourcing can help with time and expertise
Remember to Scale Your Business the right way by putting systems in place and focus on creating quality content that will help your audience.
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to reach out and I’ll be more than happy to assist you.